Hair Creations CARES
Hair Creations CARES and Franklin Community Center....
are teaming up to help local children and families with their Holiday wish list but we need your help! Please take a look at the list below. If there are any gifts you would like to donate you may drop them off at:
12 Phila Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
anytime between now and Monday December 10th...
...as a special "THANK YOU" for your participation in our Holiday Toy Drive we will give you $5 off any salon service...
-Holiday 2012 ~ Gift Ideas-
- Board Games
- Educational toys
- Mega Blocks
- VTech toys
- Fisher Price play sets
- Dora the Explorer
- Animal Play Sets
- Bath Toys
- Any Learning/Educational Toys
- Leapfrog Tag Jr. Reading System
- Cars & Trucks
- Tonka Trucks
- Craft sets
- Play Doh Batman/Spiderman
- Play Doh Accessories
- Strawberry Shortcake things
- Fur Real Pets
- Littlest Pet Shop
- Disney Princesses
- Barbie Disney Fairies
- Barbie Accessories
- Barbie DVDs
- Disney DVDs
- Hot Wheels
- Baby dolls
- realistic Pillow Pets
- Dream Lites Light up blanket/pillow
- Remote Control Vehicles
- Doc McStuffins
- Pillow pets
- Dr. Dreadful Lab games
- Dream Lites Arts & Crafts Sets
- Live Fashion Doll
- Remote Control Cars/Truck
- Dream lites
- Science Kits
- Drawing Kits
- Magna Tiles
- Star Wars
- Lego sets - Girls and Boys Bratz
- Sticker Maker
- Winx dolls
- Remote Control Vehicles
- Monster High dolls
- Transformers Superheros
- Wrestling toys
- WWE NASCAR toys
- Ultimate fighting action figures and accessories
- Chapter books (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Junie B. Jones, etc)
- CD's - FUN, The Script, new music
- Country CDs
- Now CDs
- Remote Control vehicles
- Hair Accessories
- MP3 Players
- Jewelry Making Kits
- Nail Polish
- Wrestling things
- WWE Sports memorabilia especially NY teams
- Super Heroes
- Orbeez foot spa
- AXE body spray
- Action dvd's
- Board games
- older kids watches (sports/dress)
- Body Lotions
- Curling Iron/Straightener
- Hand Held Electronics
- Movie Gift Certificates
- Mall Gift Certificates
- Fuzzy blankets
- Soft slippers Robes
Makeover Mondays Before and After
Please scroll down for information on how YOU can nominate someone for "Makeover Mondays"
Nancy — November's Makeover Mondays Recipient
Jennifer — October's Makeover Mondays Recipient
JoAnn — September's Makeover Mondays Recipient
Tammy — August's Makeover Mondays Recipient
Tanis — July's Makeover Mondays Recipient
Nancy — June's Makeover Mondays Recipient
Hair Creations is now accepting nominations for their
“Makeover Mondays”- set to begin June 27th!
What is Makeover Mondays?
“Makeover Mondays” is an experience in which the makeover recipient receives the Hair Creations Full Service client experience. That is, an in-depth customized consultation, education on how to style her hair and which hair care products will help to enhance and maintain the new style, a complimentary hair color and hair cut, and complimentary Bumble and bumble hair products to help maintain her new look. In addition, the makeover recipient will start the day with a transformational massage from Healing Spirit Massage, receive a professional make-up application by Amy Elizabeth , a new ensemble from Violet’s and Stella’s of Saratoga, and a photo session from Niki Rossi Photography. Spring Street Deli and Pizzeria will also provide food and beverages on the day of each makeover. Hot Yoga Saratoga is generously donating a complimentary month of yoga to each recipient. Saratoga Olive Oil Co. will be hosting the Makeover Mondays Reveal Parties.
Who do YOU know?
“Makeover Mondays”, will center on giving back to six special women in the community. Each month’s recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
June 27: A professional woman who has fallen on hard times due to the present economic climate, and thus, may need some assistance with appearance enhancement before starting the interview process. Nomination deadline is Saturday June 18. Voting is from Sunday June 19 – Wednesday June 22.
July 25: A deserving woman who has been - for a significant period of time - selflessly advocating for a cause and/or volunteering her time. Nomination deadline is Saturday July 16. Voting is from Sunday July 17 – Wednesday July 20.
August 29: A Dress for Success female client who requires help with appearance enhancement as she heads out into the job field. Nomination deadline is Saturday. Only Dress for Success clients can be nominated for this month. Nomination deadline is Saturday August 20. Voting is from Sunday August 21 – Wednesday August 24.
September 26: A local woman in the community who is considered a hero in an extraordinary way. Nomination deadline is Saturday September 17. Voting is from Sunday September 18 – Wednesday September 21.
October 24: A woman who has survived cancer, or another life threatening illness, and is at the point in her recovery in which she is ready to feel a sense of rejuvenation of both her appearance and spirit. Nomination deadline is Saturday October 15. Voting is from Sunday October 16 – Wednesday October 19.
November 28: A woman who has been a selfless caregiver (taking care of a loved one who has fallen ill) and deserves renewal of both body and spirit. Nomination deadline is Saturday November 19. Voting is from Sunday November 20 – Wednesday November 23.
The steps to nominate someone are simple:
- Nominations should be done in an altruistic fashion. So please nominate someone other than yourself and someone truly deserving.
- You may nominate someone at any time beginning April 1, 2011 via email for any of the six months.
- Candidates who are nominated should be open to a makeover experience.
- Candidates must be available the entire day of the appropriate Monday they’re nominated and be able to meet for an hour prior to their “Makeover Monday”
- Send email to MakeoverMondays@haircreationssalon.com (include nominating month in the subject heading. For example, if you know someone who is recovering from a life threatening illness you would write “October” in the subject heading).
- Appropriate month in subject heading
- Details of the nominee’s story
- A current photo of the nominee
- The nominee’s contact information (name, phone number, address, and email address)
- Your contact information so that we can reach you if your nominee is chosen
How to Vote for your favorite “Makeover Mondays” nominee:
(Hair Creations will read each story and pick the top three nominees)
- The top three stories (stories may be shortened in order to fit the allotted space on Facebook) will be posted on Hair Creations’ Facebook page
- Go to Hair Creations' Facebook page and “LIKE” our page
- Vote for the nominee you feel is most deserving of a makeover by clicking “LIKE” next to her story (while people may comment on each story, only “LIKES” will be counted in the voting process).
- The nominee whose story receives the most “LIKES” will receive the Makeover Monday experience.
'Tis the season for giving back to our community!
Please join Hair Creations in supporting our local food pantry Franklin Community Center. Bring 5 food items (or pet food items) into Hair Creations from November 9-30 and we'll give you $5 off your haircut or color service!
Suggested food items include:
- canned goods (vegetables, fruits, soups, pumpkin, cranberries, gravies, pasta sauces)
- dried goods (stuffings, rices, pastas, cereals)
- or if you wish to donate a turkey a gift certificate to a local store is always appreciated
- canned or dry pet food
For more information about Franklin Community Center and specifically the food pantry services, please check out the links below:
Please help us help The Franklin Community Center fulfill their mission statement: "Our philosophy is to send people out the door with whatever they came in looking for" Thanks for your support! The Hair Creations Team
September 20, 2010 - Passionately Pink for the Cure®
Please join Hair Creations in going Passionately Pink for the Cure® and help fight breast cancer! During the month of October, we will be providing pink hair extension strands in exchange for a $10 donation per strand to help support the life-saving work of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
Hair extension strands are available in light pink or hot pink and can be customized to work with your existing style. It takes only 5 minutes! Walk-ins are always welcome, but if you're on a tight schedule, please call ahead for a scheduled opening.
We encourage donations to be made by check payable to "Susan G Komen for the Cure". Please make sure to include Hair Creations and our Team ID number: 8164678 on the check.
If you don't wish to sport a hair extension, but wish to make a donation, we encourage you to give online. Just go to passionatelypink.org and click on " Find a Team". Our team name is Hair Creations and our Team ID number is 8164678. When you donate online, you'll receive an electronic receipt and be able to see how your donation is contributing to our team fundraising goal of $1000. We hope you'll join us in helping this great cause!
May 18, 2010 - Cleaning Up The Gulf, One Cut at a Time.
Hair Creations has been saving hair clippings this month to send to the Gulf Coast to help clean up the recent oil spill. We sent our first box this week. More details about the effort can be found at matteroftrust.org.
May 2, 2010 - Girlfriends Helping Girlfriends
Hair Creations participated in "Girlfriends Helping Girlfriends" a Charity Event for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Services. Stylists did editorial styling on models for the Fashion Show portion of the event. The Hair Creations Team also joined in on the fun Pampering Station part of the day by bringing in the Saturday Night Style Bar on this important Sunday night! The evening was incredibly fun and a huge success...